New blogs

Leherensuge was replaced in October 2010 by two new blogs: For what they were... we are and For what we are... they will be. Check them out.

Monday, June 15, 2009

My computer broke down


This Saturday. It would not even start at all. After much going around, trying this and that, I decided it was the BIOS. Guess it was just old enough for a computer: 6 years and a half. What happened with those machines that lasted for a whole lifetime?


I was quite worried because a typical new PC, even if prices have gone down somewhat is rather expensive for my surivalist economy. But luckily today I found one for only 189 euros, 220 after taxes. A brand new Athlon e-Machine with two years guarantee. And with Ubuntu installed and all. Just that it came without screen - but no big deal, really.

It's quite small and makes almost no noise. What an improvement in relation with the previous one!

This post is absolutely the first activity since I regained Internet access, just few minutes ago. My apologies for all the comments unanswered here or elsewhere. I will get to that later. Tomorrow probably.

Enjoy.

No comments: